Clean burning, luxurious Natural Soy Candle Refills. Enjoy the tradition of pillar candle made with 100% pure soy with a cotton wick. No scent, no additives. Just soy and cotton.
There are 2 sizes. Tall, which burn from approximately 100 hours and Short ,of which you get 2, and which burn for approximately 35 hours each. We don’t use single use plastics and so we pack our pillar candles in brown card boxes.
Unlike our Natural Tealights which have a cup to contain the wax, our Natural Soy Pillar Candles burn within themselves and so like all pillar candles, need to be monitored to ensure the wick remains central and burns correctly and safely. Taking good care of your natural soy pillar candles can add hours to the life of the candle. You will receive a detailed instruction sheet with each candle.
75mm Diameter Pillar Candles
Height: 100mm – Weight: 356g – Average Burn time : 40 hours in 4 – 6 hour sessions.
Height: 200mm – Weight: 750g – Average Burn time : 100 hours in 4 – 6 hour sessions.
Why use soy wax?
Soy wax is a common, sustainable vegetable wax made from the oil of soy beans. Soy has many uses but most commonly relating to vegetarian and vegan diets
. The soy beans are harvested and then cleaned, cracked, de-hulled, and rolled into flakes. The oil is then extracted from the flakes and hydrogenated.
There are various reasons we use soy wax for our main candle wax. Some ethical and some practical.
1. Soy beans are a naturally renewable source and are Eco-friendly.
2. Soy wax burns cleaner and for longer with a cooler burning temperature.
3. Soy wax is non-toxic due to the nature of it’s extraction.
PLEASE READ THE SAFTEY AND CARE INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED, IN FULL, BEFORE LIGHTING YOUR PICK N MELT SOY PILLAR CANDLE
- NEVER leave a candle burning unattended. And please keep out the reach of children and pets when lit. Candles are very dangerous.
- Burn your candle on a plate or in a proper candle holder not on any surface that could burn or be marked.
- Ensure your candle is not positioned near any drafts or winds.
- For a first burn you should burn the candle for at least 2 hours but no more than 4 hours. This will help shape your candle for an even burn.
- When your candle is burning, make sure to keep your wick centred. If you do not have a dedicated wick centring tool you can improvise using old cutlery. If you fail to do this you will notice your candle heats unevenly and could potentially cause a breach.
- Do not blow out your candle to extinguish it. This is dangerous and could splash hot wax in to your face. Snuff your candle out with a candle snuffer. Restricting oxygen to the flame will extinguish it effortlessly and stop the wick from smouldering. It is the wick smouldering that causes the smoke you see and smell when you blow out a candle.
- Before relighting your candle, Trim your wick to around 5-10mm. This will ensure your candle starts off with a steady flame. Your candle is trimmed and ready to light for first use. Take note of the wick length before lighting. Ensure there is no debris before lighting.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.